Recipe: Kale and Potato Soup and quick biscuits

It's fall, it's soccer season, it's crockpot season. I love using my crockpot...when I remember. I love finding new soup recipes especially when they are fairly simple. Last week (I think...I don't remember...the days just run together), a friend of mine was sharing that she was going to be making some Kale and potato soup for her hubby. This sounded really good to me and I happened to have all the ingredients on hand...well, almost.

She shared that she didn't have a recipe, so she just simply explained to me what she did and left me to figure it out. No problem. I decided to make this yesterday and put in the crockpot so we'd have dinner ready when we came home from a soccer game and soccer practice. When I came home I made some quick biscuits so when everyone else arrived (oldest was going to volleyball game after her game, and youngest and hubby were due home from soccer practice around 8:00), dinner would be ready. It was a simple, yet satisfying meal. 

Sorry no pics. I didn't really think about it..usually want to make sure we are going to like a recipe first. Adjust amounts to what you think your family would like.

Kale and Potato Soup

1-2 leeks, cut in half and thinly sliced
chopped onion....whatever amount you like
2-3 stalks celery, chopped
clove garlic minced
Italian sausage (ground)
2-3 potatoes peeled and cubed
chicken vegetable stock
water
salt and pepper to season (if needed)
Couple good handfuls of chopped kale and/or swiss chard 
flour
butter
milk

In a saucepan, cook sausage till done. In my case, I didn't have sausage but had some ground turkey, so I browned it with some chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, thyme, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, cumin, coriander. When cooked through, add onion, leeks, celery and garlic. Cook until tender. 


With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Popular Posts