Tip: Lost soccer gear solution

Our life is filled with soccer. It always has been, from the time each of my girls was 4 years old. Wow...for the last 14 years! With that comes the joy, nightmare, of sports gear...keeping it clean and keeping track of it..many of you can relate...socks, shoes, shin guards, shin guard covers, uniform, warmups...and inevitably there will be something they cannot find, usually right before heading out the door for practice or a game.

It seems in our house to be a never-ending, and at times a tear provoking dilemma. "MOM...I can't find my bands...help me find my bands..." We re-trace the steps, dig through everything in hopes of finding it, and our house is not a mess, our laundry is usually caught up..it's that these darn bands love to disappear. 

A few weeks ago I discovered a perfect solution. I have a small lingerie wash bag that, well, is never used for lingerie. The bands go in to the lingerie bag as soon as they come out of the soccer bag and either go in to the laundry or in another appropriate location depending on whether they need to be washed or not. So far this has solved the problem of lost bands. My girl always knows where they are, which in turn keeps her from frantically searching for them before practice. 


With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Popular Posts