Cinco De Mayo and a Avocado Corn Salad


Today is Cinco De Mayo and to be honest, I have never understood why we celebrate it. I went to this link on History.com for a bit of information...good stuff there. We actually celebrate it more in the US than those in Mexico do. However, I didn't think that far in advance so we are not having Mexican food in our house tonight. 

But I thought it would be fun to share a recipe I tried recently that is quick, versatile and healthy, and also share a few links to some of our favorite Mexican dishes. We are always on a journey to find healthy recipes, healthier ways to make some of our favorites, or we just throw caution to the wind and make the good old fatty versions (maybe using more natural, whole, organic ingredients). The key for us is moderation and keeping things as "good for you" as possible.  

The recipe I tried recently is a flavorful Avocado and Corn salad. There are no measurements, it's one of those throw in and taste as you go recipes. You could add hot peppers or chili flakes if you wanted. It would be great on a bed of lettuce, as a dip for chips or maybe a topping for meat or fish. The skies the limit. I love recipes like that. 

Ingredients Needed:

Avocado cut in to bite sized pieces
tomato cut in to bite sized pieces
1 can organic corn, drained (amount to your desire for recipe)
onion finely chopped
Fresh Lime juice
Fresh Cilantro
sunflower seeds
pumpkin seeds
salt
garlic salt (opt)

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, season to taste, lightly toss. 

How is that for super easy. Now about these great recipes to try out for "next" Cinco De Mayo.

Hot Bean Dip
Churros
Chicken and Vegetable Tacos
Chicken Chimichangas
Chicken Enchiladas 
Crockpot Salsa Chicken
Crockpot Mexican Chicken and Homemade Tortillas
Frozen Homemade Burritos
Leftovers Quesadillas
Grilled Quesadillas
Quick and Easy Tostadas
Quinoa and Black Bean Bowl with Peach Salsa
Vegetarian Tortilla Pie

Wow! Going through all these recipes reminds me of how long I've had this blog and how badly many of them need updating (as in pictures or general posting layout....lol). Someday I'll get around to that...not anytime soon though. 

If you like these recipes, and you love healthy living, healthy eating and wonderful recipes, check out the great website, Aloha. Their Recipe Page is awesome. Filled with great, healthy, products focused on YOU and YOUR health. check out their Pinterest Page as well. I love finding new websites that promote health and support those who are on the journey of improving their health and Wellness. I can't wait to check out some of the recipes myself and hopefully try their products at some point.


With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you stopped by my blog. I happen to have all the ingredients for this salad, and it looks amazing. I am pinning it now and making it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts