Recipe: Cauliflower Cheesy Bread

I have always loved trying new recipes, especially when I'm sharing them with others. It's just one of the ways I show love. I had recently come across a recipe for cauliflower cheesy bread and thought "I really should try this". You see, I know several people, including my oldest daughter that steer away from gluten, and my hubby and I try to limit our intake of it as much as possible, which is extremely hard because I. LOVE. BREAD....and PASTA! But, I realize it's not the best for us, so I try to take advantage of other recipes or ingredients. Can I just tell you, that when I tried this I didn't miss the "bread". It was just that good.

I had planned to make it on a Sunday and my daughter was working at one of our local coffee shops so I told her I would bring her and the girls some, along with some tuna salad stuffed avocados. She got married in December and I love looking for ways to do things for her and bless her. She's a rockstar! They loved them. Even my father in law loved them. I'd say they were a hit, though I don't think my youngest tried them. Maybe next time.

We all show love to people in different ways, maybe yours isn't cooking and that's okay. You have your own unique way of loving that is perfect for you! So just be a rockstar at that!

I found the recipe over at Real Housemoms. It's a pretty cool website with so many recipes, crafts, ideas and much more. 

A few things about the recipe: It didn't call to cook the cauliflower after it had been riced, nor called for any liquid to be squeezed out, BUT I may try doing this next time. Not cooking it, but at least squeezing out any excess liquid. Mine was a little hard to just pick up and eat like "bread". It's possible I didn't get it thin enough either so maybe that needs a bit of adjusting on my part. 

I do not have a Ricer, so I just run it through my food processor until it looks like small pieces of rice (which really, it's much smaller than that).
I might also increase the initial bake time and see if that sets it up better.


Cauliflower Cheesy Bread
from Real Housemoms

Ingredients:

1 head cauliflower, riced
1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
1/2 c. shaved parmesan (I used the stuff in a shaker container)
1 large egg
1/2 Tbs. freshly minced garlic
1/2 Tbs. freshly chopped basil
1/2 Tbs. freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
3/4 c. mozzarella cheese

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 425. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.

2. To rice cauliflower, core it, break into florets and place in bowl of food processor or blender and pulse until it is the texture of rice. You may want to do this in a few batches to avoid missing pieces or having it become too fine. **You may want to ring out any liquid in a towel after doing this.
3. Add 1/2 c. mozzarella, parmesan, egg, garlic, basil, parsley, and salt and pepper. Mix until it holds together well. Place mixture on baking sheet and spread out into a 9 x 7 rectangle and 1/4" thick. 

4. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and top with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and continue to bake till cheese is melted and begins to brown. Cool about 10 minutes and cut into "bread sticks". Garnish with fresh herbs and parmesan cheese. Serve with marinara sauce. Enjoy! 

This is so worth making!!! You will not feel stuffed and heavy after this. 

Here are some other GF recipes you may enjoy:
Gluten Free/Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
Gluten Free BlackBerry Tarts


I thought I had posted the recipe for America's Test Kitchen's GF corn muffins I made for the Super Bowl...looks like I forgot and will have to do that...they were so good!


With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts